5 Coffee Tips for RVers on #NationalCoffeeDay
Whether you enjoy roughing it in the great outdoors, or “glamping” is more your style, there are some things that NO ONE wants to go without when they’re at the campground. Even a true RVer appreciates a good cup of coffee in the morning, but generally you won’t find a Starbucks nearby. To make sure your camping experience is pleasant and well-caffeinated, check out these camping tips for RVers and coffee-lovers alike.
- Try a French Press – A french press makes brewing a large batch of coffee easy and quick. If you’re not familiar with a french press, it is essentially a coffee pot with a mesh plunger that pushes the coffee grounds to the bottom of the pot when the coffee is ready to be poured. French Presses aren’t hard to come by, but clean-up requires a little more effort than a regular pot. However, the end result is truly delicious.
- Think Ahead – If you plan on brewing a significant amount of coffee on your next camping trip, make sure you don’t forget any of the essential ingredients. An easy way to prepare your coffee ahead of time, is to pre-pack your coffee with this easy trick. Scoop a tablespoon (or two) of your coffee grounds into individual filters then rubberband them at the top. This way, all you have to do in the morning is pull out a little package of goodness, pour the water, and press on. Pretty easy, right?
- Take the Easy Way – Not everything about your camping trip has to be Bear Grylls approved. Sometimes a Keurig and a warm cup of joe are all you need. We won’t judge you.
- Bring a Favorite Mug – Everyone knows coffee tastes better when you’re sipping it from your favorite mug. Luckily, the Internet is chock-full of RV-inspired coffee mugs with fun phrases and pictures that are sure to make you smile.
- Prepare for Emergencies – You do not want to be the guy (or girl) who runs out of coffee grounds in the middle of a camping trip. In case you underestimate the coffee-consuming abilities of your camping group, make sure you have a plan B. Instant coffee is easy to pack and easy to make. Even if it doesn’t taste quite as good as a fresh pot, it’s better than nothing.
Do you have a coffee trick you can always count on? Tell us about in the comments below or send us your best camping + coffee picture on Facebook!
For more great RV lifestyle tips and tricks, and everything you need RV, make sure you visit RVUSA.com and stay tuned to our daily blog!